- Election Board
As required by Section 311, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, the Oklahoma County Election Board holds regularly scheduled meetings.
JoAnna Ware, Chairman
Terry Thompson, Vice Chairman
Carol Leaming - Secretary
Lacie Holman - Assistant Secretary
Maribeth Ratliff- Registration Clerk
The Election Board is composed of three members: a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Secretary, who are appointed by the State Election Board. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are nominated by the Kay County Democratic and Republican Party Central Committee, respectively. The Secretary is the administrative officer and supervises staff activities.
Responsibilities of the County Election Board are as follows:
The Election Board is responsible for voter registration and conducting federal, state, county, municipal, and school district elections in Kay County.
Board and administrative duties include:
- Conducting mail-in and in-person absentee voting activities
- Hearing and deciding contests of candidacy and conducting election recounts
- Locating, surveying and designating polling places
- Printing, testing, and distributing election ballots
- Programming, testing, and maintaining voting devices
- Receiving Declarations of Candidacy for county, municipal, and school district elections
- Supervising voter registration and maintaining registration records
- Training and appointing precinct election officials and absentee voting boards