Responsibilities of the Kay County Assessor are as follows:
- Determine the true worth of real estate and personal property for the purpose of ad valorem taxation.
- Maintain and revise yearly permanent records, such as:
- Assessed value of both land and buildings
- Fair cash or market value of both land and buildings
- Homestead status
- Legal descriptions
- Owner's name and address
- Personal property
- School districts
- Assess all property for ad valorem taxation and submit the value of each property to the County Equalization Board for approval
- Prepare and maintain permanent records of all real estate and personal property including cadastral maps
- Implement the four-year visual inspection program for all property
- Receive and review all applications for exemptions
- Serve as member of the Board of Tax Roll Corrections
Although we want to personally answer any and all of your questions, we understand that not everyone has the same schedule. This site was designed for your convenience. We have included general information about the Assessor's office and answers to frequently asked questions. There is also information about our property records online database, Courthouse USA. As always, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to serve you!
Susan Keen has been employed in the Kay County Assessor's Office since 1989. She was elected County Assessor effective January 1, 2015.